1. Online India Visa Application allows the Applicant to upload a digital photograph of self to complete the online visa application. It is advised that 15-20 kb and 2 inch x 2 inch size of Photo is ideal for upload. Application without photo upload is incomplete and shall not be accepted. Guidelines/procedure to upload a digital photograph. The digital photograph to be uploaded along with the Visa application should meet the following requirements:
1)= Minimum 10 KB
2)= Maximum 300 KB
- The height and width of the Photo must be equal.
1)= The minimum dimensions are 350 pixels (width) x 350 pixels (height).
2)= The maximum dimensions are 1000 pixels (width) x 1000 pixels (height).
- Photo should present Full face, front view, eyes open
- Center head within frame and present full head from top of hair to bottom of chin
- Background should be plain light colored or white background
- No shadows on the face or on the background
- Without borders
Make sure that photo presents full head from top of hair to bottom of chin. Head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25mm to 35mm). Make sure eye height is between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3.
2. Application shall be accepted only on schedule date as written on the right side of printed online application form.
3. Online visa system does not accept application with any mistake (substantial or spelling). Please do not insist acceptance of such application. Therefore, kindly re-check and insure that there is no mistake in online application form before approaching to the Embassy on scheduled date. Please also note that the Embassy will not be responsible for the rejection of the visa application due to any wrong information supplied by the applicant.
4. Furnish information exactly in the manner asked for in the forms. All entries must be same as your passport detail. Applicants are required to verify the application details before submitting the online application. They have an option to save the online application form, in case it is not to be submitted.
5. Once the online application form is submitted by the applicant, further modifications are not allowed. Hence applicants are requested to check and validate the details before submitting the online application form. Applicants are requested to keep the File Number (generated automatically after the submission of online form) for further communications.
Important Technical Information for Online Visa application
1. This site is best viewed in Internet Explorer (Windows) version 6.0 and above.
2. The applicant must also have Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0 or higher installed on your PC in order to download and print the completed application form.
3. The applicant should use either an Ink-Jet or Laser printer to print the completed Visa Application forms once submitted online.