IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL VISA APPLICANTS
It has been brought to our notice that a number of fake visa websites are operating on the internet, claiming to provide e-Tourist Visa services to visa applicants desiring to travel to India. All visa applicants may note that following is the only authorized website being operated by the Government of India:
All other websites claiming to facilitate e-Tourist visa are fake and bogus. All tourist visa applicants are advised not to deal with such websites and Government of India bears no responsibility to any deviations to these instructions.
Commercial Representative of the Embassy:
Mr. Satish Sharma, Counsellor (E&C) & Commercial Representative
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
36th Know In dia Programme(KIP)
The Government of India is organizing the 36th edition of Know India Programme (KIP) from 1-25 October, 2016 to strengthen engagement with young overseas Indians. This programme is open to youth of Indian origin (excluding non-resident Indians) between the age of 18-30 years.
2. Main elements of KIP
1) Understanding of India’s political system, economy, society, and developments in various sectors etc.
2) Interaction with students at University/ College.
3) Visit to places of historical importance.
4) Participation in cultural programmes.
5) Visit to industrial sites.
6) Visit to a village.
7) Interaction with non-profit organizations.
8) Meetings with senior leadership/officials in India.
9) Visit to a select state in India for 10 days.
1) The participants are provided local hospitality e.g. boarding/lodging in State guest houses or budget hotels and Internal travel in India.
2) The participants are supposed to bear 10% of total air fare.
3) The participants are required to submit copy of valid travel and medical insurance for the visit to India.
4. Eligibility Criteria:
1) Minimum qualification required for participating in KIP is graduation from a recognized University /Institute or enrolled for graduation.
2) Applicant must provide his previous PIO card number or that of his parents or grandparents. In the absence of any documentary proof of Indian Origin, the applicant must submit a written undertaking about his Indian Origin.
3) The applicant should not have participated in any previous KIP or Internship Programme for Diaspora Youth (IPDY) or Study India Programme.
4) The applicants should be able to speak in English, should have studied English as a subject at the High School level or have English as the medium of instruction for undergraduate course.
The eligible and interested PIOs are requested to submit the completed application form (attached) to the Embassy of India, Khartoum by 28th August, 2016. Revised Guidelines and Itinerary for the October 2016 KIP are attached.
Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children Scheme
The Scholarship Programme for Diaspora Children (SPDC) Scheme which was previously applicable to NRIs and PIOs for undergraduate programmes has been revamped. The scheme is applicable to following four categories of applicants:
a) Persons of Indian Origin
b) Non-Resident of Indians
c) Children of Indian workers working in ECR countries (which include Sudan)
d) Children of Indian workers in ECR countries (which includes Sudan) – studying in India
The numbers of scholarships are 150,out of which 50 seats are reserved for (c) and (d) respectively.
2. The institutions that are covered under this scheme are:
(a) NITs, IIITs, Schools of Planning and Architecture
(b) ‘A’ Grade institutions accredited by NAAC and recognised by UGC
(c) Other institutions covered under DASA scheme.
3. Income criteria will be applicable to all four categories of applicants.
4. Applicants will seek scholarships after they obtain admission in the approved list of educational institutions
5. The online portal for SPDC enabling online submission of application, processing and an alumni network will “go live” shortly.
All Person of India Origin (PIO) Card holders are requested to replace their PIO Cards with Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) Cards by 31st March 2016, the deadline fixed by Government of India to convert the same. After the deadline of 31st March, 2016, all PIO Cards will be invalid for travel to India and the card holders are liable to apply for appropriate visa from the Embassy.
January 21, 2016
Ministry of Home Affairs Notification rescinding the PIO Scheme, dated 9th January, 2015 - http://www.egazette.nic.in/EnhancedSearch.aspx
DD India channel is available in Free-to-Air (FTA) mode and its downlink parameters are detailed below.
Satellite Hotbird-13 B
Frequency 11.604 GHz
Symbol rate 27.500 Msymbols/s
The channel can be received by using any FTA Set Top Box and 0.8 m to 1.2 m Ku band dish on the above parameters.
Any related query may be addressed to the details given below. Shri CK Jain, Dy. Director General, Directorate General, Doordarshan, Doordarshan Bhawan,
New Delhi-110001, Telefax : +91 11 23387993,
Tele : +91 11 23383524 Handphone : +91 9810104938
State-wise List of fake Universities as in May, 2014
1. Maithili University/Vishwavidyalaya, Darbhanga, Bihar.
2. Commercial University Ltd., Daryaganj, Delhi.
3. United Nations University, Delhi.
4. Vocational University, Delhi.
5. ADR-Centric Juridical University, ADR House, 8J, Gopala Tower, 25 Rajendra Place, New Delhi - 110 008.
6. Indian Institute of Science and Engineering, New Delhi.
7. Badaganvi Sarkar World Open University Education Society, Gokak, Belgaum, Karnataka.
8. St. John's University, Kishanattam, Kerala.
9. Kesarwani Vidyapith, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh.
10. Raja Arabic University, Nagpur, Maharashtra.
11. D.D.B. Sanskrit University, Putur, Trichi, Tamil Nadu.
12. Indian Institute of Alternative Medicine, Kolkatta.
13. Varanaseya Sanskrit Vishwavidyalaya, Varanasi (UP) Jagatpuri, Delhi.
14. Mahila Gram Vidyapith/Vishwavidyalaya,(Women's University) Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
15. Gandhi Hindi Vidyapith, Prayag, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh.
16. National University of Electro Complex Homeopathy, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
17. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose University(Open University), Achaltal, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
18. Uttar Pradesh Vishwavidyalaya, Kosi Kalan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
19. Maharana Pratap Shiksha Niketan Vishwavidyalaya, Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh.
20. Indraprastha Shiksha Parishad, Institutional Area,Khoda,Makanpur,Noida Phase-II, Uttar Pradesh.
21. Gurukul Vishwavidyala, Vridanvan, Uttar Pradesh.
*Bhartiya Shiksha Parishad, Lucknow, UP - the matter is subjudice before the District Judge - Lucknow
For detail: www.ugc.ac.in
No visa should be issued on the basis of letter of admission from these universities.
C.V. Raman International Fellowship for African Researchers - 2014
Since 2010, the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India through the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) has been offering C.V. Raman International Fellowship for African Researchers. Sudan is one of the top five countries in Africa, having availed about 30 fellowships so far. The Fellowship Secretariat has announced C.V. Raman Fellowships for the year 2014 recently. The last date for submitting applications is September 30, 2014. A copy of the brochure is enclosed for ready reference. For submission of application online and more important details, please visit www.indoafrica-cvrf.in. (July 13, 2013)
All Indian Citizens residing in Sudan are informed that e-IPO (Electronic Indian Postal Order) facility is now available for payment of RTI fee. Details are available at e-Post Office portal