One of the major activities of the ICCR is its scholarship programme. The ICCR annually offers about 3365 scholarships under 24 scholarship schemes. Of these scholarships, 1000 are exclusively for the students of Afghanistan and 900 for students from African countries. There are students in India under these schemes from about 135 countries. Most of the scholarship holders come from developing countries in Asia, Africa, South and Central America. However, there are quite a few students from the developed countries as well. Around 4750 foreign students are currently studying in India under the various scholarship schemes. The students are in under graduate, post graduate and doctoral programmes as well as in professional courses such as engineering, pharmacy, accountancy, business administration and management. Scholarships are also given for learning Indian dance, music, painting, sculpture, etc.
For further information: http://www.iccrindia.net/scholarshipschemes.html
1. Embassy of India, Khartoum has the honour to announce Twenty Seven (27)Scholarships under the Africa Scholarship Scheme for the Academic Session 2015-16 of the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) for Under Graduate/Post-Graduate Courses for Sudanese nationals resident in Sudan.
2. Application form along with guidelines meant for the students are available on the website of the ICCR (http://www.iccrindia.net/scholarshipschemes.html ).
3. Fluency in English is a pre-requisite. Students are required to pass an English Proficiency Test conducted by the Embassy during evaluation of their applications.
4. The last date for receipt of applications is January 15, 2015.
5. Please download application form and other required forms:
For information on Education in India, please visit: